Faculty of Veterinary Sciences, Bahauddin Zakariya University, Multan-Pakistan was established in 2006. It is the first Veterinary Faculty of Southern Punjab,a highly populated emerging hub of livestock and poultry sector. Faculty comprises of four departments:
• Department of Pathobiology
• Department of Biosciences
• Department of Clinical Sciences
• Department of Livestock & Poultry Production
The faculty contributes in animal health and production. All the departments have adequate infrastructure and equipped laboratories for DVM degree programme.Afully functional University Veterinary Clinic/Teaching Hospital is working to cater the need of large and small animal health care. In addition, the Faculty has also experimental farmsto provide facilities for teaching.
The program leading to the award of the DVM degree is designed to equip graduates with the knowledge and skills essential for veterinary career. Students undergo a compulsory internship programin terminal semester envisaging on the job training in diagnostic laboratories, hospital practices and animal production.Departments of the Faculty are being aided by University Veterinary Clinicto ensure relevance in basic and applied biological sciences through clinical practices.
Faculty has highly competent and experienced teachers who are actively involved in the capacity building of the students. Graduates from this faculty have shown considerable satisfaction with the program, as it prepared them for professional life and developed confidence in their skills for clinical investigations and lifelong learning. MISSON To produce highly skilled graduates to meet the emerging demands of veterinary profession. OBJECTIVES
1. To produce professionally skilled man power for sorting and solving husbandry and health problems of livestock and poultry industry to coop national and international needs.
2. To improve the status in multidisciplinary fields of animal sciences and to set innovative trends in veterinary profession.
3. To strengthen the linkages between the professionals and stake holders by effective technology transfer. Legislation:
As per University rules. Service provided:
Clinical/advisoryservices to livestock and poultry farmers in southern Punjab.
Eligibility & Courses
Doctor of Veterinary Medicine DVM (5 Years) Composite Degree Program: